Our popular basic courses on a larger sailyacht are based in Viggbyholm, Täby and take us on a trip to the Stockholm archipelago.
We live aboard, 4 days, 3 nights (some courses 5 days, 4 nights) on our large and spacious 50 foot Beneteau 50 with seating for 6 participants.
The boat has 5 cabins, a large lounge with kitchen and necessary security equipment.
The course gives you a lot of sailing but also maneuvering, docking and anchoring with larger boats. We also go through easier navigation and of course give-away rules (included in all our courses). Our instructors are experienced, everyone have Yachtsmans diploma Class VIII. (Deck hand officers.) The courses give you Sailing certificate 1 and if you have this and Yachtmans certificate (Förarintyg), you can get Sailing Certificate 2 or even 3. (Sailing certificates for an additional fee, see registration.)
We also arrange a few more advanced courses with more sailing and a theory with focus on night sailing, racing, trim and sailing theory. See in the booking table about the advanced courses.
- Previous knowledge: None. this is a basic course. However, participants must be able to swim 200 meters in open water. Note! In the advanced course you need to be able to sail corresponding to a basic course / Sailors diploma level 1, or competent crew.
- Location: Starting from Viggbyholm, Täby at. 09.00 the first day and will be back on the last day at 16:00
- Price: SEK 8 750, accommodation on the boat is included. 4 lunches, 3 breakfasts, 2 dinners and snacks onboard is included.
(Some courses one extra day, price is SEK 9 950).
One dinner at a restaurant on your own cost. It is possible to book an extra night/accomodation onboard before the start of the course.
Discount! if you are two and share a cabin you receive 1 500 SEK discount per person.
- Documentation: Our own course book "The basics of sailing" includes, value 259 SEK.
- Language on the course: See the booking form for language, 1 out of 3 courses are held in English. The instructors are Swedish and English speaking.
- Course content: You learn to sail and get trained to handle a big sailboat. See more about the course content here
- Booking: See course offerings and book here. You pay 2,500 SEK in registration fee and remaining course costs no later than 7 days before the start of the course. In case of late registration, the full amount is paid at one time.